Our Safeguarding Officer is:
Diocese of Oxford Safeguarding Advisor:
For all emergency situations call 999
Other useful contacts:
- RBWM Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub: 01628 683150
- DASH (support to anyone affected by domestic abuse): 01753 549865
- Action on Elder Abuse: 0808 808 8141
- Childline: 0800 1111
- Samaritans: 116123 / www.samaritans.org / email: email@example.com
- Modern Day Slavery Helpline: 0800 01210700
Ascot Priory Safeguarding Policy
The following policy was agreed by the Trustees.
1. We are committed to:
- The care, nurture of, and respectful pastoral ministry with, all children and all adults
- The safeguarding and protection of all children, young people and adults when they are vulnerable
- The establishing of safe, caring and loving environment where there is a culture of ‘informed vigilance’ as to the dangers of abuse.
2. We will carefully select and train all those with any responsibility within the Priory, in line with safer recruitment principles, including the use of Criminal Records disclosures.
3. We will respond without delay to every complaint made which suggests that an adult, child or young person may have been harmed, co-operating with the police and local authority in any investigation and we will have a clear reporting procedure in place.
4. We will seek to work with anyone who has suffered abuse, developing with him or her an appropriate ministry of informed pastoral care.
5. We will seek to challenge any abuse of power, especially by anyone in a position of trust.
6. We will seek to offer pastoral care and support, including supervision and referral to the proper authorities, to any member of our church community known to have offended against a child, young person or vulnerable adult.
7. In all these principles we will follow statute, guidance and recognised good practice.
8. We will review this policy annually, check that our policies are up to date, and supply a copy of the updated policy statement to the Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser.